Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

land purchase

Customer Question

i am from ireland,i was trying to by 10 acres of agricultural land,my solicitor let me sign a contract for the land without a right of way access into the land being registered and as a result my bank did not give me the loan for it and she also gave the sellers solicitor a 10% deposit from me!this was all done in april 2013,the seller said that he would get the right of way registered and it shouldnt take that long,i have been ringing the seller directly every month since looking to see if the issue was sorted and he keeps telling me that he is working on it,i cannot wait any longer so i was wondering #1 Do i legally have to buy this land now when the right of way is fully registered even tho it has taken so long and #2 am i intitled to a refund of my deposit?noting that i have left my solicitor that was dealing with this case for me because she let me sign a contract for that land purchase even tho there was a problem with the right of way and also because she gave a 10%deposit for the land without any sort of security!also can i now offer the seller a smaller offer for the land for the reason that it has taken so long to get the right of way access sorted and also for wasting my time and putting me under alot of stress worrying about it.if you could give me all of my legal rights on this issue i will be a very satisified customer!

Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,