75100385

HelloMy nephew is suing solicitors in the Irish High Court

Customer Question

My nephew is suing solicitors in the Irish High Court for negligence, malpractice, collusion etc as a result of a divorce case and property division. His claim has already been lodged and one (of three) solicitors has lodged a defence, being represented by a high-powered firm.
My nephew is adamant that he is going to conduct his own case, mostly for financial reasons; it has to be said he has a good head on him, being an IT consultant and lecturer. In my view, he is learning the law fast and he may be causing some justifiable alarm in the other camp. But ....
I am a waiting-in-the-wings-yet-to-be-named and, I should say, reluctant (my strong advice to my nephew is Don't!) 'negotiator'.
As one of the defendants is now a judge himself we feel we might not get impartial advice if we sought it. Is there any way that you can help?
Thanks *****
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Alex Watts : Hello James my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether you are represented ?
JACUSTOMER-96gwcnq7- :

No. As I said in my mail, my nephew wishes to represent himself.

JACUSTOMER-96gwcnq7- :

I'm sorry, I had some unexpected visitors and had to give them my attention. When can this daalogue be resumed?

Alex Watts : You said one of the defendants is a judge.
Alex Watts : What is it you would like to know about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-96gwcnq7- :

My question still is - can you help? Could you give an opinion on the case as already described?

Alex Watts : Can you please give a background on the case. All I have its malpractice and negligence etc.
JACUSTOMER-96gwcnq7- :

Do you want me to send you the 11 pages of the Statement of Claim and the 15 page Defence of one of the defendants? There are also Evidence Pleadings and an Affidavit.

Alex Watts : Just send me the pleadings. They can be sent to***@******.***
JACUSTOMER-96gwcnq7- :

The 'Evidence Pleadings' in this case, I find, is just a part of the overall claim containing a list of documents. It would not be of any substantial use to you.

JACUSTOMER-96gwcnq7- :

To understand the case you would have to read the Statement of Claim (xi pages); do you want me to send that to you?

Indeed. I have not had the documents yet. I will let you know when I do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will let you have the Statement of Claim later today.

As I am dealing with this matter at 'arm's length' there are some procedures to be followed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello again

I've had to go through some procedures and permissions before sending you the Statement of Claim.

I am now ready to send you this but need the appropriate email address. It has been blanked off on the web page.