Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

MY FAMILY HOME IS UP ,I HAVE GOT A SHARE IN THIS PROPERTY

MY FAMILY HOME IS UP FOR SALE ,I HAVE GOT A SHARE IN THIS PROPERTY ,HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING IT.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Here you need to write formally to the solicitor and auctioneer who are handling the sale of the house and inform them of your ownership interest. When writing to the solicitor, make clear that he holds a share of the proceeds on trust for you and to your order given your ownership interest. Essentially, what you need to ensure is that when the solicitor is put in funds upon completion of the sale that he directs the appropriate share of the monies to you. You should not intefere with the process of sale. Merely ensure that when the time of completion comes, that your share is paid over to you by the solicitor.