Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My Name is***** holding Irish passport no.

My Name is***** holding Irish passport no. XXXXXXX issued on 29th.Jan 2013 valid till 28.Jan.2023.
To get an Admission in the University in Europe,I Need a Police certificate.
I was staying in:
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
Since a very Long time I am not leaving there any more, I am leaving in Libya with my parents.
How can I get a Police certificate ?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Dear Hassan, You should make your application in writing to the Superintendent in charge of the district where you used to live. As you no longer live in Ireland, write to the Superintendent for the district where you used to live. I would advise you to ring if you do not hear within three weeks.Your application in writing should include the following:Your full name as on your birth certificate including your maiden name if applicableYour date and place of birth (or a copy of your birth certificate)Your current addressAll addresses at which you have lived at in Ireland and when you lived thereThe place and purpose for which you require the CertificateYou should also include with your application:A copy of your passport, driving licence or similar for identification purposesA stamped, self addressed envelopeYour application will take approximately three weeks to process. My best guess is that you omitted to include one of these items and that is why you didn't hear back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can send you what you have mentioned. Will you be able to get it for me please.
Reds
Hassan
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
2. No Hassan. A police certificate will have to be applied for by yourself. The Gardai will want the address to which it is being sent. The Gardai will not send out a Police Certificate to a third party. So I would advise you to simply apply yourself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
Please RATE THE ANSWER.