Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

What the next stages in activating a will? we have found

hi, what the next stages in activating a will? we have found the executor who is a retired solicitor, we have given our solicitor deeds to the house, the original will, all our contact information, pps numbers, gave her the final bill from the funeral director whch she will
ask the bank to release funds from my mams bank account to cover the costs. we
have submitted the death certificate, my mams bank account and credit union details
i have contacted the crdit union and a member of the family has recieved money as a nominanee.
my brother lives in england for the last 30 years i was told he has to complete a form
is this for the revenue commisioners? there is only one property to be sold and it is
in the republic of ireland and we sent in the valuation to the solicitor, so with the above information are there many steps left in the process or are we near completion?
kind regards colm
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Colm, Yes, your brother will need a Revenue PPS number for the estate to be properly administered. So he will have to fill in a form to this effect. Essentially, what the solicitor has to do now is to fill in the Revenue affidavit which will detail all of the estate and file this Revenue affidavit with the will in the Probate office. Then any tax due on the estate will have to be paid. At that stage, any disposals of property will take place, such as the one property you mention has to be sold. This iwll be placed with an auctioneer. That will probably take time as
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. The sale of the property will probably take time. So you may have to wait six months before there is an actual distribution from the estate, at which time each beneficiary will receive their legacy. However, speak to the solicitor executor. They will have the best idea of how long the process will take, as they will be clear on the process.