Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

The family land and house were Willed to a cousin J by my aunt

Customer Question

The family land and house were Willed to a cousin J by my aunt M.
He died leaving no Will. His mother( sister to M) and father have also died without any Wills.
M's brother MN is in residence for his lifetime, as established in my aunt M's Will.
His sister B is still alive and wishes to make claim to her family estate.
How can she register her interest in the land and property so as to keep it in the family?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but Ineed some further information firstWhich Country is the property in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,
The land and property are in Co. Galway, Ireland.
Expert:  clairep80 replied 1 year ago.
Then I shall opt out and transfer you to the correct section
I hope all goes well
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for update. This i feel is quite a complex situation. I will give you a couple more days to find an answer. I do not want to incur further costs if there will be no solution reached within time frame.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I wish to close the question. As there has been no conclusion in answering my question I assume that no charge will be made. Can you confirm that my details will be deleted and I receive any further correspondence.
Marion Townsend