Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My husband and i seperated about 7 years ago. We attended

Customer Question

Hello. My husband and i seperated about 7 years ago. We attended mediation sessions and everything was amicable. Colin left the house and i continued to live here. My husband has now met another woman and he wants the house to be put up on the market to sell when offer is agreeable to us both. Now i am almost 60 years of age and want to stay here til i retire in 5 years as the upheaval would be too much and when i retire i will be able to chose what i want to do.My husband wants me to sign for two changes in the mediation papers. 1, he wants to sell within the next 18 months and 2 he wants to state that he is still giving his share of the mortgage at a reduced rate. I am not wanting to sign anything and want things left as they are. Would i have to move out at his will.? I think he is being very selfish but i don't want any aggression from him. He returned to the home as a lodger almost 18 months ago when his previous relationship broke down. He is paying half the mortgage and thought it was only fair he could return.I want my life back and him to move out asap. Have you any advice for me Clare. Thank you. Mary
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We bought the house in 2005 for 214,000 Euro. Half the mortgage is paid.( 20 year mortgage.) Colin is 50 years old and has said he wants to buy a house in the near future. outstanding on mortgage is about 122.000 Euro. I am a nurse working part time ,32 hrs a week Colin is an Architectural Technician with Kildare Council. We are not that well off but we manage to get by. I do anyway. Colin is an only child and will get some money left on his parents demise. I dont have any assets. I was thinking if he was so desperate to buy a house maybe he could approach his father for perhaps the deposit on purchasing a home for himself. We are both Scottish and i may return to Scotland in 5 years, Colin said he is remaining in Ireland.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All this is making me feel very depressed and i spent all xmas and new year on my own. Colin is in Italy at his new girlfriends place.
Expert:  clairep80 replied 1 year ago.
My apologies - I had not spotted that you were in Eire - my fault entirely
I shall opt out and transfer you to the correct section.
There may be a little delay for which I apologise
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I think i would be better to have my 45 euro refunded. I have contacted another person who can help me out. Thank you Mary Mc Kay.