Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My friend is pregnant with her indian boyfriend he might

Customer Question

Hello my friend is pregnant with her indian boyfriend he might be told he no longer can stay in ireland will he have any rights to stay for his baby his girlfriend was born and rared in ireland irish girl thank u very concerned friend can he get to stay to help bring his child up.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has he any right's?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear *****ie, any father of an Irish citizen child has the right to live and work in Ireland to support that child under the Zambrano ruling of the European Court of Justice. So here, your friend who is pregnant will confer Irish citizenship upon her child as its parent. This Irish citizen child will then bestow a Zambrano right upon the Indian father to live and work in Ireland. This will last until the child is 18. However, once the father has lived legally in Ireland for five years under a lawful visa, he can then apply for irish citizenship and live here permanently. So he will be able to bring his child up in Ireland.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.