Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My question I believe is specific to Irish Immigration

Customer Question

Hi, My question I believe is specific to Irish Immigration / passport, will your panel be able to help me at all ? thanks
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am currently a Tier 2 (general) leave to remain, till 21 April 2016I am a NZ passport holderI have 3 children and based on my ex husband they hold Irish passports
My now husband is a UK citizen
We live in Hong KongMy prior marriage, I had an Irish passport issued around 2002 , I have misplaced it ( with house moves)
but wanted to know could I get a renewal and then have a valid irish passport ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI, sorry not sure what your service is, am I meant to be waiting for you to chat with me
Sorry I am a little confused
thanks
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Yes, you can apply for a new Irish passport. Once an Irish citizen, always an Irish citizen. Apply to the IRISH PASSPORT office in Moleworth Street, Dublin 2. The best method is to apply by post. Here is a link to the Irish government website which will guide you through a passport application https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/how-to-apply-for-a-passport/. Follow through the renewal option.2. Be aware that it was unnecessary to have applied for a Tier 2 visa in the UK. Based on your Irish citizenship, you have the full right to live and work in the UK. Ireland and Britain have maintained a common free travel area since 1922.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.