Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

NOT DUPLICATE -I'd like to know what my rights are to sell a hous

Customer Question

I'd like to know what my rights are to sell a house I bought ten years ago that my sister has been living in for over 8 years , I didn't give her a lease because she's my sister but now the banks want me to sell but I feel she has rights that means I never can sell...is this right please, is she classified as a sitting tenant ? and what does that mean?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.
Apologies, I have just seen that this is in Ireland. I will opt out to allow a colleague to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the house is in England that's why I'm asking...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the house in my name and yes, she pays rent but have missed paying for the last year...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
APPALING SERVICE.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'll wait please.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund my deposit, appalling service.....