How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 20
Experience:  Moderator
73944119
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

2 friends purchased a holiday home in fee simple in ireland.

Customer Question

2 friends purchased a holiday home in fee simple in ireland. they both purchased and co-own the property and they hold it in fee simple. one gave 60% the other gave 40%
my questions are
in what manner did they co-own the property immediately after the purchase?
and
if they held the land as joint tenants at the outset despite any advice given on that point, in what manner would they co-own the property now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear *****, once the property was purchased here, the two "friends" would own the property as tenants in common 60:40 in proportion to their contributions to the purchase price. There would not be a joint tenancy as there were unequal contributions to the purchase price and anyway, the law leans against joint tenancies and only creates them where absolutely necessary. In relation to your hypothetical question, if they owned it as joint tenants, then they would each own the whole interest in the property jointly. There would be no percentages.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi buachaill,Can you please elaborate more on this. This is an assignment that I need help with and I need to have 2, 500 words for this.
If you could just give more information with some case law.Many thanks,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello,
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Nicola
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola,I need the answer as quick as possible as this assignment is over due. We had a death in our family and I had to get an extension and I am now under pressure to get this done by this evening. I could speak with you but I am not will to pay again as I have paid for this service and I was not satisfied with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you please let me know how long this will take as i am under huge time pressure now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I please have a full refund for this service as it was not satisfactory at all. Neither your nor buachaill have responded.

Related Republic of Ireland Law Questions