Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Same details as before. We are about to submit the forms to

Same details as before. We are about to submit the forms to apply for probate but understand it will take 3-4 months before probate is granted. Is it possible in the meantime for my brother to make a partial distribution as he can write cheques on my deceased mother's bank account as it is technically a joint account. This only represents a small proportion of the estate.
Thanks,
T
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am prepared to wait a while longer.

TJ

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****, Probate needs to have been extracted before a partial distribution can be made. Unless Probate has been taken out, there is no authority in law given to anybody to deal with the estate. However, once a Grant of Probate has been obtained, then a partial distribution can be made. So, the executor should hurry up and take out probate. In Future, when you ask a question, please reference the facts. Don't write, same as before, because there is no reference to previous questions kept.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.

Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience