Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My late mother left me a half share in family home. My

Customer Question

My late mother left me a half share in family home. My sister is buying my share, can I write a letter saying the I no longer have any interest in same. We don't want to involve solicitors as it works out expensive. Can we just sort it out privately between us.
Regards,
Barbara
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Who is dealing with the Probate and the Transfer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A solicitor who deals in probate, but we just want to do this between ourselves to keep costs down as it's costing nearly €4000.00 as it is.
Expert:  clairep80 replied 1 year ago.

My apologies I had not noticed that you were in Ireland

I shall opt out and transfer it to the correct section where one of my colleagues can assist you

Please be aware that this may take a little time

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We sorted it out ourselves.
Barbara