How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2802
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My late mother left me a half share in family home. My

Customer Question

My late mother left me a half share in family home. My sister is buying my share, can I write a letter saying the I no longer have any interest in same. We don't want to involve solicitors as it works out expensive. Can we just sort it out privately between us.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Who is dealing with the Probate and the Transfer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A solicitor who deals in probate, but we just want to do this between ourselves to keep costs down as it's costing nearly €4000.00 as it is.
Expert:  clairep80 replied 1 year ago.

My apologies I had not noticed that you were in Ireland

I shall opt out and transfer it to the correct section where one of my colleagues can assist you

Please be aware that this may take a little time

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We sorted it out ourselves.
Thank you.