Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I work sleepover shifts as a project worker in the homeless

Customer Question

I work sleepover shifts as a project worker in the homeless sector but I am not being paid at minimum wage for the eight 'sleepover' hours 'off the floor'. It has been brought to my attention that persons in the 'underage' sector of this organisation have received back pay with a condition of confidentiality. I have worked full time hours + for this organisation for five years, July 2011, but was only contracted in July 16. I have been reluctant to bring these issues to the attention of powers that be in fear of backlash. How will I address these issues?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.

Please could you kindly tell me your age?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 51 years old and reside in Dublin.
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi Patrick. Thank you for your response. I'm afraid I will need to opt out so that another expert can assist you as I deal with UK based law only. Many thanks.