Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I feel a educational board discriminated against me in a

Customer Question

I feel a educational board discriminated against me in a interview for a post what do I do
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 months ago.

1. Dear *****, if you believe you have been discriminated against then you can sue the School Management Board for failing to conduct the interview in a proper manner and for taking irrelevant considerations into account and for moving the goalposts during the interview. You would, in legal terms, argue that the interviewer took, irrelevant considerations into account, did not act Proportional in his consideration of the interview evidence and moved the goalposts during the interview. On the evidence you have given you have a good chance of winning.

2. As one of your reliefs, you would seek that the post be given to you. Even if someone else has already accepted a job position here, the School Management Board would be obliged to offer you a job on similar terms as well. You should also seek damages and compensation for losses suffered in engaging in the interview process to your detriment.

3. The law is quite clear that job interviews must be conducted in a clear, transparent and fair manner in accordance with the principles of constitutional justice. As these principles were not observed here, you can sue for not getting the job which was advertised.

4. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.