Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I work as a limited company If I request to end a contract

Customer Question

I work as a limited company
If I request to end a contract with an employer due to loss of earnings do I have any rights to claim damages if the contract is terminated and done so at my request?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Can I just check, are you in Ireland or in the UK please as I can assist with English law? Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi BenI am in rep of Ireland
Sean
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thank you for confirming this Sean. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you. Thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi NicolaThat's OK as I have already paid for the answer
Can you source an answer on that for me and even if best you can do is to answer it with regard to uk European law that will be fineThanks
Shane
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi NicolaLet's leave it there so.
Can I get a refund of the €50 charge if that has been collected,
Sean