Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am married 10 years have 2 children age 19 and 2. looking

Customer Question

I am married 10 years have 2 children age 19 and 2. looking for advice on house if we separate do we need to sell up and devide the profit or what happens
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  hhlaw replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-Are you in England or Wales?
-How old are you both?
-What are the proposed arrangements for the children?
-What is the value of the property, and what is the outstanding mortgage?
-Who is now living in the property?
-Whose name is ***** ***** in?
-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we both self employed own business age 39 both still living there mortgage in both names would like to stay there if I could with kids
Expert:  hhlaw replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming, but still require some of this important information:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-What are your respective incomes?

Expert:  hhlaw replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ireland income about 42oooo each no pension or other assets about 40 on house if sold thousand
Expert:  hhlaw replied 11 months ago.

Thank you - I will opt out and allow and Ireland colleague to assist you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.