Republic of Ireland Law
Ask a Republic of Ireland Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
1. Dear Paudie, can you better explain the situation. Have you employed a solicitor in the case? When you received the cheque for 32,500 who was the person paying you the cheque? Who were you suing? What has the Government got to do with the case? what was the case about? Who did Setanta insure?
2. Firstly, I don't know why your cheque was from the Motor's Insurer's Bureau, as there was a Supreme Court ruling that held that it was not the MIBI but the Insurance Compensation Fund which was to pick up the tab in the case of Setanta Insurance. This is why you only got 65% of your award. If it had been the MIBI, you would have got 100% of your award!!
2. Secondly, the liquidator of Setanta has indicated that 30% of all claims would be paid from the proceeds of liquidation of Setanta. You will be entitled to your 30% from the liquidator. This will be paid out when the liquidation ends. I t is still ongoing. You will have to wait for this and get your solicitor to help you to ensure payment.
3. You will be left with a shortfall of about 5% in your claim. Currently, there is no plan for the Government to step in and pay the Setanta claimants. So, you will be left with this loss on your claim, I regret to say.
4. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.