Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Any possibility of Irish citizenship by descent from

Any possibility of Irish citizenship by descent from Great-grandfather if all intermediate generations were born in England and none applied for Irish citizenship?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Dear *****, the small print which you refer to which would have entitled you to apply for Irish citizenship would have been if the English birth of your grandfather had been registered in the Irish Foreign Births Register. This would entitle you to apply for Irish citizenship.

2. However, there is no other method whereby your great grandfather would entitle you to Irish citizenship, I regret to say. Alternatively, if your father's birth had been registered in the Irish Foreign Births Register, this would suffice otherwise.

3. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert remains unpaid by the website.