Italian_Lawyer
Italian_Lawyer, Other
Experience:  I am an Italian qualified solicitor and I am available to answer your Italian law questions.
66763543

I have been assulted in the uk and diagnosed with

I have been assulted in the uk and diagnosed with genital herpes type 1, I reported the whole thing to the police. . I wonder what is the law in italy on that as majority of society has the virus I believe 80% of people. Is there any law in Italy that I will have to disclose this to my future partners?

Category: Italy Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am happy to wait.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Italian_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting our service.

Differently from other States, Italy did not specifically ruled upon the subject. There is not a specific obligation for you to communicate your sickness to your partners.

Nonetheless, it would still be advisable on the basis of the most recent case-law that you make your partners aware of your health conditions, because if he/she get caught by the same sickness you might be brought into Criminal courts and accused of "body injury" under article 452 of the Criminal code (Codice Penale).

I hope this answers your question. If you are happy with my answer, please do not hesitate to rate it positively and accept it.

I remain at your complete disposal should you need any further information.

Best,

Tiziana
Dear customer,

I hope you are happy with my answer.

Please, consider that I remain at your complete disposal should you need any further information. I would be grateful if you could rate my answer positively and accept it.

Best,

Tiziana
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So the answer is I don't have to tell but I have to tell and what about people with cold sores ? Do they also have to tell?

Thank you for following-up.

The answer is you do not have the legal obligation to inform. There is no sanction if you do not inform.

But, if as a consequence of the lack of information another person gets sick and reports you, you might be found guilty of reckless "body injury" under article 452 of the Criminal code (Codice Penale).

I hope this is clearer. I would be grateful if you could rate my answer positively and accept it.

Best,

Tiziana
Italian_Lawyer, Other
Experience: I am an Italian qualified solicitor and I am available to answer your Italian law questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, that has made it clear to me, I will be informing partners that I'm a carrier of hsv1 virus and that should be enough for purposes of consent. Thank you ;)
You are very welcome!

Good luck!

- - -

I would be very grateful if you could agree for a bonus. Thanks!