Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

We are a small garage that has fitted a replacement. 2.7

Customer Question

We are a small garage that has fitted a replacement. 2.7 diesel engine Into a 2006 S Type firstly we couldn't the engine to fire so sent to a Jaguar specialist, They returned the vehicle running but we have a lot of issues we the car. They say they had to replace the ecu and also the fuel pump, no problem but what we have now are :- Battery light stays on although our equipment tested good output, alternator been removed sent to auto electrician came back no fault found charging okay. We have gearbox fault,restricted performance, limiter not available, radiator fans come on almost startup, there is a yellow light on dash board above mileage plane, also a yellow snowflake between temp gauge and rpm gauge. We have no handbook with the vehicle and our automata offers little help.
Are these all related faults
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Be okay upto Monday

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question - My name is***** happy to help you with this...

First - can I just ask exactly what plug in tests etc you have done isp to now - and with what results - and any fault codes etc that you may now have ?

Too - please give me its Full reg number -

Also - is there evidence to prove what Jaguar says has been done , has been done ?

Rgds- MIKE..........................................