Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

with headlights on switch blinker on to turn right headlights

Customer Question

with headlights on switch blinker on to turn right headlights switch off
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this..

Can you tell me , does this only happen when the right turn is selected - not the left also?

Do all the headlights go off - ? Does this happen with dip / main beam?

Do the actual indicators work ok?

Please tell me also what has been done / checked so far?

Rgds, MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

only happens when headlights are on auto and turning right only indircators ok been told i need some kind of switch

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Rod..

Thank you for your reply - that does narrow it down yes, thank you.

The usual fault here when this happens is a faulty column / indicator switch -- they cant be repaired - but sometimes they come loose - or the wiring to it does..so its worth just having that checked out first before ordering a new switch.

It will need to be dealt with properly as you have an air bag there to deal with / be careful etc - I don't know if you can do such work - but thats what's needed here.

It needs checking as above - accessing the switch etc by removing the cowling to check it a above - and then if all else is ok, a new switch is the usual cure for this... Most small type garages can do this for you if you dont wish to use a dealer....

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.