Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

key fob wont activate or deactivate alarm opr open doors

Customer Question

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

If the battery was warn down and you replaced it then you will have to reprogram the remote as shown in your Jaguar Owners Manuel .

Or try this should be the one for your car ,but please double check in you manual .

Need further assistance please let me know .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg,

As both remotes stopped working without any obvious warning I was unsure of what was wrong. I thought the cheapest option was to get new batteries and see if this worked. I have replaced the battery in the one I use the most but not the other one I use as a spare.The remote still doesn't work. I have looked at the drivers handbook (XK series) but it doesn't tell you how to re-program the remote. It tells you all the functions and how to replace the battery but nothing on re-programming. Can you help please.

Regards,

Colin

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Colin .

Try this just got this in from a fellow expert ..

Note : All transmitters being serviced must be available.
If the learning process is carried out without having all the transmitters present, all previous transmitter codes will be overwritten, rendering the missing
transmitters inoperable.

1. Pull and hold headlight flasher back while performing step 2.

2. Turn ignition key to position 1
(DO not "start" the engine, only turn the key to position 1).

3. Now pull the headlight flasher and flash the headlights 4 times.

4. Alarm will enter programming mode.
This will be confirmed by "beeps" from the alarm and flashing led on gearshift.

6. Program each transmitter (up to 5) by pressing the lock or unlock button on each transmitter once.

7. The alarm will "honk" when you press the transmitter button.

8. The alarm must honk 5 times to complete the programming. Therefore, if you are only programming one transmitter
you should operate the transmitter 5 times.

9. If you are programming two transmitters you will operate one transmitter twice, and three times on the other.

NOTE: For five transmitters you will operate each transmitter once.

Let me know if this works Colin .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg,

No luck so far. I get the beep and the flash from the LED but I dont get the final 5 honks to confirm only 2 beeps (new batteries now in both remotes). I have tried several times with the drivers door open and closed to see if it made any difference, but they dont work. Sounds expensive now. Do you have any other advice for me or is it in to a dealership for a computer check?

Colin

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Colin .

Dealer will be on the expensive side but may have to use them ,

But there is another option .use this locksmith locator and find one in your area and ask if they can help you with this issue ,be a lot cheaper .

Colin click here for further info of the locator .

Please let me know what the outcome is .

Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg,

No luck again. I went to Duplicut locksmiths to see if they could help and they couldn't. They said both remotes are functioning but vehicle not responding, will need to take it to jaguar dealer.

Regards,

Colin

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Colin .

Had a funny suspicion that you may have a problem with the car side .as the two remote stop working at the same time ,could be the model for the locking system that has problem or the reverencing antenna.

Wish you all the best Tim and hope its not an expensive repair .

Kindest regards Greg