Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

s type on 54 plate driving along gearbox fault ppears and seems

Customer Question

s type on 54 plate driving along gearbox fault ppears and seems to be stuck in gear.turn off ignition it clears fault but comes back after a mile or so can you help
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Can you tell me what fault codes you have ?

Kind Rgds, MIKE.............................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

was unable to get codes with the equipment used by local garage so probably will have to take it to jaguar to get them read thanx

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again David -

Thank you for your reply....

Indeed you will need to have a fault code scan - Bear in mind that you are looking to scan / fault code read the TCM ( transmission computer - not the engine management - a common error even garages make.

Once the fault code scan is done David - it gives you the fault codes but also should give you the fault definition too - hence you will know what's wrong and then what to do.

So that is the advice on this one - Other than checking the wiring to the TCM and the transmission -( which is important because they do suffer such issues ) - so that / have that done first.

If you do need further help perhaps with the definitions of the fault codes etc - just let me know - Im always happy to help you further if you need..

Most good garages should have the equipment for this model though David - so it may well be worth ring round before using the dealers --

So, let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.