Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My car is a Jaguar X type 3ltr. Sport, 2001 model. I have been

Customer Question

My car is a Jaguar X type 3ltr. Sport, 2001 model. I have been away from home for a couple of months and the battery has gone flat, I can manually open the doors but not the boot and that is where the battery is. How do I get to the battery initially for jump start and then to fit a new one?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

I'd start by charging the battery you should be able to do this via the cigarette lighter / accessory socket. You'll need the appropriate attachment for your charger but car accessory shops sell these- Alternatively if you can't get into the car/ boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front.

Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car