Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

how much can I expect to pay to have the timing chain replaced

Customer Question

how much can I expect to pay to have the timing chain replaced on a 2005 2.7 diesel S type?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

As far as im aware the 2.7D on the S-type is a timing belt engine and not a timing chain - It has two belts one for the cam timing and one for the HP diesel injection pump timing both of which would be best of replaced at the same time - the kit usually will come with both belts inc the tensioners/guide pulleys..the cost for the kit is about approx £210 roughly - the time usually to carry out the job is about 4 and half hours..so depending on what your local garage charges per hour as they do differ a heck of alot throughout the uk as far as independant garages goes then you'll have an idea how much it will roughly cost based on the time and the approx price for the full timing belt kit..we cant really specify on an exact price based on the facts above but as approx only you could be looking at anywhere between £450-£650..I do hope this helps