Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Jaguar 2.0 classic diesel stutters at approx. 2000 rpg at

Customer Question

My Jaguar 2.0 classic diesel stutters at approx. 2000 rpg at steady speeds.
The fly wheel and clutch were changed less than a year ago so effectively new.
Had the hoses checked around the EGR valve for any splits incase of opening under pressure causing the stutter and then when easing off the split would close as stutter is only present whilst accelerating.
Lead me to think a fuel problem or EGR valve directly. I had the valve cleaned which stopped the stutter for approximately 4 weeks before coming back with vengeance.

Considering a blanking plate on the EGR vlave or a new EGR valve? Forums say blanking plate stopped the problem with there cars, only it doesn't tell you what effect this would have the the engine as it's designed for the valve.

I need to have the car in the garage and work done asap as just given up job to retrain and have to sort it whilst still have a little cash, please could you advise what you would do, new valve or blanking plate? or other?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Category: Jaguar