Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

I have a 2006 s type. With the climate control passengers side

Customer Question

I have a 2006 s type. With the climate control passengers side blows cool and drivers side hot. There is also a loss of water (not huge) but enough to concern me.

Is there a valve or flap that might malfunction?

Many thanks.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please try and get me an answer. Problem only started with the recent very warm weather and apart from the synptons already described there is a smell of antifreeze in the cockpit

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

Please confirm the loss of water: is it coolant level dropping? have you checked anything yet?
As for the A/C the most likely fault would be the A/C and ventilation control module. It is a common fault causing such problems. You can have your unit rebuilt (instead of buying a new one), check out these guys: http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=Jaguar-SType-Climate-Control

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Regards, Billy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

coolant level drops with discharge which leads me to think something is causing an overheat. Discharge is not at this major. Warning light only comes on and stays on for a while at start up.

Thanks Bill

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.

You should first have the system bled properly as entrapped air could cause this.
Then i would make sure the fans are operating, and pressurize the system to confirm the absence of leaks....

Kindly get back to me with your findings, so we proceed accordingly.