Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I own a 2009 XK Convertible and have tried to play my iphone

Customer Question

I own a 2009 XK Convertible and have tried to play my iphone 5 through the USB port. The phone docks and charges but the music doesn't play? The screen states "paused" however when you press the play button nothing happens. I have tried using just a USB memory stick but have the same problem/message? I can only assume there is a problem with the port or the software? Can anyone help?

Howard
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this..

Before we can progress, I need the last 6 digits of the VIN on the car..

Please let me have those - then I will get back to you asap thereafter..

Kind Rgds, MIKE................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Vin is SAJAC46P6ALB33776

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Howard -

Thank you for your reply / info..

There is an issue with the i phone 5 when connected via bluetooth to this model - this can lead to dropped calls due to reduced signal strength... I mention that for you while Im here as it were..

The general known "working" functions of the i phone 5 when paired with this model are :
Phone book - Call list - Incoming caller ID - and outgoing calls - handsfree calling. Music playing is not listed.

You need to first check with this issue you have that you have the latest software on the phone -
To do this on the phone - go to - Settings - General - About.. and the software version will be shown under Version.. That needs to be at least 6 10 A 405.

But- even with that the i phone 5 is not listed as being compatible for music playing for this car - It would be worth yes asking at the local dealer if they have any updated software that would enable music playback for you - and then go from there - but do bear in mind that the phone has to be as well - This will come if its not there now. You would need to contact your phone supplier for latest software update - unless you can do it on your phone yourself ( you usually can - the handbook should help you there -to carry out a software update - then see if that will work. I would suggest its easier to do that first - then if still needed , ask the dealer.

We get this a lot with the latest phones to be honest - its a case of working through as above to see if it can be done for you. Let me know how you go on..

Im very glad to have helped..Let me know if there is anything else - you are welcome to ask me -

Please do click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me now please now at this point as thats how Im credited for my time etc helping you .. Thank you in advance for that .

Kind Rgds , MIKE.