Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi,i have a jag x type 2002, when i was driving home today,

Customer Question

hi,i have a jag x type 2002, when i was driving home today, i noticed i had no rev counter, no speed o, working the digital readout was just dots, and no temperature gauge working , and lights on the dash that should no be on , like the traction control light , handbrake light ect, now when i try to start it there is nothing there , except lights that should not be on , thanks
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
From what you are describing the vehicle has lost voltage and resulted in the issue that you are having. This was likely causes by the alternator undercharging and depleting the battery. What I would suggest as a first step is to have the battery and the alternator tasted. This is the most common failure for this problem.