Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2010 jaguar

Customer Question

I have just purchased a 2010 jaguar 3.0 V6 and there are a couple of annoying noises coming from the rear of the car. A popping sound that sounds like it is coming from the back near the sunroof. There is also a very slight ticking sound coming from that engine when it idles. Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
The ticking noise on these vehicles is normally the lifters not priming fast enough. What cures this issue is a engine flush and a oil change. The noise in the rear that you are hearing is consistent with one of the struts starting to wear out. What I would suggest is to have the vehicle raised on a hoist and have the rear struts stress tested.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike. Can you give me some more info so I can go back to the garage please. Thanks. Tom.

The garage would need to perform a engine flush which cleans the inside of the engine and helps the oil flow,this in turn helps the lifters as they work off of the oil pressure. As far as the struts it's better to test them with the weight of the vehicle off of them to get a accurate measurement.