Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

I want to change the wiper blades onmy S Type 2.7 auto sport.

Customer Question

I want to change the wiper blades onmy S Type 2.7 auto sport. Can't see how to get the old ones off. XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Mike,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, as soon as possible please Shantal

Hello Mike,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question. To get the wipers in the middle,you will need to wait until the wipers are in the middle and shut the key off.

Preparation

Start on the driver's side of your S-Type. Most blades are held in place with a tiny clip. Push that clip up towards the arm and push the blade backwards, as if you were sliding it down the wiper arm

wiper arm

Disconnect the old blade

Once the blade is free from the hook, push the blade a few inches down the arm to disconnect it. When the hook is fully visible, the blade will be free and can be taken off.

Position the new blade

Position the new blade so that the the hook is pointing at the wiper attachment. The hook will go over the top of the attachment.

Lock the blade in place

Pull the blade toward the end of the arm. You'll hear a click when it locks into position. Repeat the process on the passenger side of your S-Type.
Hello Mike,

The Professional has left an answer for you. Please remember to rate the answer given once you are satisfied.Follo=up questions are no extra charge.