Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

why do jaguar xkrs batteries run down to empty when not used

Customer Question

why do jaguar xkr's batteries run down to empty when not used for a few days?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Your battery should not drain in this time frame , i have customers that leave there Jags at the airport for weeks and weeks and when they come back they get in and start .

You most likely have a parasitic drain on the battery .have your shop do as parasitic drain test .
What is typical with this car is the boot light shorting out and draining the battery.

No car or truck will drain its battery in two days a car will drain a battery at around 2-3% a day .

As said your local jag shop will have the equipment to check this out for you and find the parasitic drain ,like said all it takes is a bad boot light radio malfunction etc.

Please get back to me if needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg