Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a Jaguar XF 2.7L. Both cats are blowing fumes on the

I have a Jaguar XF 2.7L. Both cats are blowing fumes on the flexi joint. I'm told I need both cats replaced is there any alternative?

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Mike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX

Mike :

I am not receiving any response from you so I will need to switch us to the QA section - I will leave you your reply / answer there - where you can reply / follow up with me if you need -

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Dou you have an alternative

Hello again Mike -

You were on line when I first replied but now you are not - sorry I missed you.

This is becoming a known "issue" on this model - as with others... Basically other than replacing the lot -ie, inc cats, which as you will know is extremely expensive, you need to ring around locally to find a local garage that can do a replacement of just the flex parts for you . They are not generally available as yet but "knowledgable" exhaust part suppliers - to the aftermarket - ie, your local garage , will be able to help in this regard - saving you a lot of money.

So basically you are asking them to source "repair parts" for you - that can either be welded in or fitted in to the system, with normal exhaust clamps.

There is a company that I know of that does this - I have no idea where they are in relation to you - but I will give you their number anyway - they could I suppose, supply you the parts for your local garage to fit - its an option anyway --- but those are the options you have.
Their number is XXXXX 0 1 4 5 5 2 8 9 0 1 0 They are called "Spires".

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thinks mike. So you think it is possible to replace the flexible

joint

Hello again Mike..

Thank you for your reply.

Yes absolutely - its just a case of either finding a local supplier - or using that one I gave you . None of the dealers will do this - they just like to sell / fit the whole thing.... it has to come from the local garages / aftermarket - exhaust parts suppliers.

Its a common issue / thing to do on many other makes - suppliers of aftermarket exhaust parts are just seeing the need on the XF's etc now - so in time, they will be fully available everywhere with no "searching" needed - but for now, check locally , and if not - certainly that company do them ....

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

.................Please dont forget to click on the OK/ Excellent ratings for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike.

Have contacted the guys you recommended and they can fix my cat issue. Saving me 1600. On the price for 2 New cat converters.

Michael

Hello again Michael..

Thats a "result" then - A £1600 saving can't be bad ;)

Im very pleased for you and very pleased to have helped.

If there is ever anything else, you know where I am.

Thank you for using my self via justanswer and you are welcome back anytime.

Please take a moment fill out the "feedback" for me using the feedback tab if you haven't done so already - Thank You for that .

All the very best -- MIKE.