Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Jaguar s type, had a burst brake hose, during M.O.T.test, replaced

Jaguar s type, had a burst brake hose, during M.O.T.test, replaced all brake hoses, now brake pedal does down half an inch by itself and puts on the brake lights.

Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this..

As you have had a wait - please bring me right up to date - what's been done etc - then we can carry on..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Jag S-type Petrol 2.5 V6 Auto 2002

During the MOT test a brake hose pipe burst. Have replaced all four brake hoses, which are of the stainless steel type and bled system. The brakes perform well on the brake rollers but on starting the engine the brake pedal now moves 0.5 of a inch downwards. This bring on the brake lights and holds effort on the brakes slightly. Why is this???

Cant find any fault with servo although on removing the main servo pipe this movement on the pedal is no longer there. Does this mean there is a problem with the servo itself???

Hello again -

Thank you for your reply.

This can be a servo fault - but more usually is the one way valve failing in the hard tube pipe that goes between the servo and the engine.

You can test the valve by blowing / sucking - it will be obvious if its gone altogether - but even if the results are not so plain - I would suggest renew that pipe / valve anyway - as its a common fault - and a lot easier / cheaper than a servo at this stage..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert