Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Jaguar xtype wont start nothing wrong with starter motor but

Customer Question

Jaguar xtype wont start nothing wrong with starter motor but it just pulsating

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The vehicle does not turn over at all?If so are there any noises are just nothing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi mike all I get when trying to start the car is clicking in side and starter motor which is pulsating

Ok the issue that you are having would either be the battery causing this problem or the ignition switch. The ignition switch is where the starter gets its signal and power to turn over. If the battery test good and the starter test good this is a failing ignition switch that is resulting in your issue.