Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi, I have a 2000 s type and after about 15 minutes of driving

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2000 s type and after about 15 minutes of driving it starts to lose power, it's ok on tick over and if you pull away in heavy traffic but as soon as you put your foot down any further the rev counter drops and the engine starts to stall. If I switch off the engine for about 5 minutes it will have all it's power back for about 5 minutes. I have taken it to garages 4 in total and no one seems to know or heard of this.

Regards, Dave
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ...

Can I just ask, what mileage is on the car?

When you say - all filters - are you sure the fuel - and air, filters have been changed with new?

Too - when did it last have an engine service / oil change etc?

Do you get any fault lights on the dash at all when these symptoms occur?

Do you have any diagnostic test results?

Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

This all started when the fuel pump stopped working I had that changed and then a censor stopped working. On the diagnostic it stated the censor and throttle, after the censor was changed everything was ok according to the diagnostic.

Fuel and air filters changed for new, it had a service about 9 months ago when I had the fuel pump changed.

No warning lights at all and according to a different diagnostic from a different garage everything is still ok.

Dave

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Dave -

Thank you for your reply..

First my sincere apologies - Im afraid I have only just been able to get back to you now at this time.

Ok - so we can progress with it - I know this may be a little difficult as you have had it to four different places - but do you know if proper Jaguar or at least - good diagnostic equipment was used on it / what make / type?

Further -in any event, that would have been for plug in fault codes etc - do you know if fuel pressure / vacuum tests / a smoke test / back pressure tests have been done at all - any records on that ?

Rgds, MIKE................................................