Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

i Have a problem with my central locking Jaguar xj 6 3.2 sport

Customer Question

i Have a problem with my central locking Jaguar xj 6 3.2 sport 1997.
when pressing the lock button on the key fob. the switches go down. up. down. up then down.
when pressing the openit will open the doors, but not the boot. when in the car select drive it locks the doors .when opening the driver door all the other doors remain locked.
Pete
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing one of the lock actuators are electrically failing and causing the problem with the locking system.The likely actuator that is failing is the boot actuator since it is not opening.To correct this issue the boot actuator will likely need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is the boot actuator,and how can i check it..

The boot actuator is located inside of the boot panel and this would be checked with a volt meter.