Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

s type brake lights stuck on

Customer Question

Hi> I have just bought my first jag an S type 3ltr 2001 reg. It came with a few problems so had it analysed. and computer said brake switch fault, however found an old switch in glove box so looks like been replaced already had switch off and it seems new and working order, also with the ignition off the brake lights work fine so switch must be working My brake lights and gearstick release are on permanently when ignition switched on. is any other component linked to brake switch that could be shorted so feeding the lights? Regards Michael

Forgot to mention, my abs and brake warning lights are on mot station that did diagnostic said that could be switch fault.

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Michael,

Hello Michael,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?