Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

1996 xj6 3.2 . no spark Have scoped tdc sensor Ok Does

1996 xj6 3.2 .
no spark
Have scoped tdc sensor Ok
Does have a prodlem turning over due to auto selection
not turning over in park
turns over in neutal if you wriggle it.
Could it just be gear selection slide switch
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you .

The issue with the shifter / start inhibitor switch wont cause a loss of spark no - it only interrupts the signal to the starter motor...

Loss of spark - can be the crank sensor... or, wiring to it ( often you get loom issues - breakdowns on these so - so check the wiring loom from there very carefully )

Too - it can be a coil fault... or, ign amplifier unit as fitted. Or , you can have a faulty Ecu - though that is rare...

So you need to check through the items above to get to the bottom of this one.

( Im assuming you have checked the general ignition side of things other than the above - inc the wiring / connections etc )... so then, its as above on this one to cure this for you.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Thanks will check it out at the weekend as away at mowment.

are the coils earth switched or power switched.

Will check lives and earths at ecu