Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have an engine check light just come on... have checked what

Customer Question

I have an engine check light just come on... have checked what I can, inluding the fuel cap... any ideas before I pay out for it to be plugged in.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Have you noticed any symptoms with the vehicle other than the light coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No there are no symptoms... all seems to be well...

The issue that you are having and the fact that you don't have any symptoms is consistent with a failing oxygen sensor, this turns on the light because the emission readings are not correct. This will not hurt the vehicle to drive this way. The oxygen sensors would need to be ohm tested.