Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

if the wheels spin in wet weather I get a gearbox fault prompt

if the wheels spin in wet weather I get a gearbox fault prompt come on, it goes off when ignition turned off but will come on again if wheels spin. only get problem in wet weather
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

Basically this will happen in the situation you describe - because the transmission is "winding up" - so the TCM - transmission control computer sees this happening - sees the fault - and will put the fault light on. It will clear as you switch off - because you kill the power to the Tcm - and it will stay off - until or unless it happens again. So that in itself is normal - basically the issue is more why the wheels are spinning. Is it very slippery roads - ice / greasy surface etc - or, bad tyres etc.. or just that you can physically make them spin - as one could with that motor.. Obviously if its the latter , then you don't really want to be doing that. If its tyres and such like, that would need further investigation. But the "system" is working -as it should as you describe it, there are no faults there.

So thats the way forward on this one now .. Let me know how you get on..

Meantime ,

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks mike,

thought that might be problem but wanted to make sure. just so much water about this year with all the rain.

paul