Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Im hoping you may be able to help me, I have a 1994 XJ40 3.2

Customer Question

I'm hoping you may be able to help me, I have a 1994 XJ40 3.2 auto
I'm having a problem with the linear switch at the side of the gear box the
part number is XXXXX 12395 01, I have a mechanic looking at this problem but
he is lost on this, I've bought a new part from SnG Barrett the same part number
DBC 12395 02 when we have plug the new one in the car will not start, but when the
old one is put back in the car, and the switch is moved around to the park position the car will start on the key, however the switch itself is not locating properly so that's why I have bought a new switch, can any one please help as this car is a limousine version and a wedding car. Thankyou M.E.Simpson
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello M.E. Simpson,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cant wait for an answer all day, when I aggred to the fee I was under the imprestion that an expert was available and my question would be answered in a quick time, so can you please give me a time limit or my money back, OR is this just a scam web site which I will inform the police.

Mr M.E.Simpson

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ..

Per your comments though in your response to the moderator of the justanswer site, you may wish to just confirm whether you wish help or not...

Experts are on the site 24/7 as advertised - but not all are that can help in every given situation - sometimes a wait is needed for same... The site is a worldwide site and as such , that will happen. There is no need for the comments such as you make re scams etc...

Please just let me know then if you do indeed still need / require help and then if so , when I receive your reply , I will get back to you.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.