Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Jaguar X type Reg 2003. Thought Id bought a quality car but

Customer Question

Jaguar X type Reg 2003. Thought I'd bought a quality car but just beeb told both cam variators are sticking, Is this a common problem? Been quoted £350 per part + Vat + Labour. In total £2,500. What do you think?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Yes the cam phasers are com mom to fail over time and result I'm the issue that you are having. All of these engines eventually have to have this repair made. The prices that you are being quoted is about the going rate for parts and labor.