Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

OAT reads low on start up i.e. -29C but recovers after approx

OAT reads low on start up i.e. -29C but recovers after approx 30 min running
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you -

Certainly this is usually the issue - but usually its a faulty sensor.

So check the connector yes - just in case - but if that doesn't yield anything - you will need to replace the sensor to cure that fault. They do fail in the way you have outlined.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX stops raining I will check the connector first, if that does not resolve I will replace the sensor. Reghards.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Nigel -

Thank you very much for your reply - certainly that is the way forward yes...

... Nigel - per the way justanswerworks, I do just need you to now click on the "OK ratings" for me please at this point , as thats how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for doing that for me..

All the very best with the car - and you know where I am should you need anything else at all --

Kind Rgds, MIKE.