Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My Jaguar XF DSC warning light is on and car on reduced performance

My Jaguar XF DSC warning light is on and car on reduced performance what would cause this ?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you --

I dont know if you know so please, Im not being condescending in any way - the DSC stands for Driving stability control - system..

This is operated essentially by sensors on the wheels- the ABS ( anti lock brake ) sensors.

If the car wheels spin at all - such as on wet or snow etc - or "spirited" driving - that can cause the DSC to come on - and in such circumstances it will go off again.

In that case where the DSC is on and staying on - and the RP message has come up - this means the PCM ( management computer ) on the car has seen the fault - whatever it / wherever it is - one of the sensors etc - logged it.. in the fault code memory - and put the car into safe / limp mode - to protect the systems ( and yourself)...

What you have to do now is have a plug in diagnostic test done... this will scan the fault log on the PCM as above - it will retrieve the relevant fault codes - which are then used to ID / trace exactly whats causing the issues - be it, a sensor fault and so on - and then it can be attended to...

Just one thing before you do that -- check the tyres - if you have odd tyres per chance on - or unequal pressures or, uneven wear, that can be a cause / contributory factor - so check on those...

But other than that - you need to do as above to get this sorted. Any Jaguar dealer can do this for you - and a lot of smaller type garages have this equipment should you wish to use on locally - but it does need the equipment Im afraid to do as above.. as most owners dont possess such equipment, I have to advise as above to get this sorted for you -

Do get back to me though if you need anything else on this at all ----

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

.>>>..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.