Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

x-type v6 se auto year 05 had a engine diagnostic check came

x-type v6 se auto year 05 had a engine diagnostic check came up with bank 2 oxygen sensor/module they not if it was the sensor or the module?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome - My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you.....

Mike :

Hello.. do you know the actual fault code that was retrieved?

Mike :

Im not receiving any response from you -

Mike :

I will switch us out of Chat to the QA system - sometimes the chat system hangs... the QA system works fine - give me a moment..

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Brian..

Ok - Im sorry the chat system was not working.

What you have there generally is - a fault with the o2 sensor in question.. they are often referred to as a "module"... so its the sensor referred to - as opposed to the engine management computer / module.

That said - they will have retrieved a fault code ( as I referred to earlier ) for a faulty sensor... to save you time - whatever the code was.. it would have said.. faulty o2 sensor..wiring or Ecm.

If that is what they are going off - the ECM is listed, simply because it has to be - as there is always a chance that that could be faulty.... but for a sensor related fault - that is rare.. No one would ever consider replacing an Ecm before a sensor !

Before replacing the o2 sensor they should carefully inspect the wiring to it - and the connector on the loom ( to it ).. Its common to get burned / damaged wiring to the sensor and bad / corroded pins in the connector to the sensor.. so that should all be checked. If no faults found, then it would be normal to replace the sensor ( or sensor)

So thats the way forward on this one now Brian.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me for my time etc - as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.