Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my 2012 xf 2.2 diesel sportbrake sat nav seems to have a default

my 2012 xf 2.2 diesel sportbrake sat nav seems to have a default to calculate routes avoiding motorways and therefore always wants me to turn off m'ways - how can i turn off or disable this feature - it is very annoying !
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you..

You would think that this is something you have missed in the set up features wouldn't you - but Im afraid its not... Its nothing you are doing wrong - is the "system" - the way its programmed. It is , as you say, annoying to say the least.

Jaguar know about this "quirk" - and have since about 09 and still have not sorted it at least to my knowledge. Im going to have to advise that you contact the local dealer and see what they have to say - We are waiting essentially for a software update to cure that "issue".

What some people have done is go into the settings for the TMC side of things - where that avoids heavy traffic - which of course it "sees" on a motorway - and de activate the TMC settings - For some , that works at least to some degree... so you can try that at least for now... But other than that , Im afraid you do need to converse with your dealer on this - and put yourself on the "fix" list so to speak...

Im sorry there is no real fix to this - all is waiting on JLR to cure this properly - ( JLR = Jaguar LandRover )

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

If you do reply and need anything more - I will need your cars FULL reg number to ID its exact set up / as some can be different.

Also - I will be off for a time now - but should you reply / I will get back to you asap later today.

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me for my time etc - as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.