Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have an 2007 s type jaguar one locking wheel seized on

I have an 2007 s type jaguar one locking wheel nut seized on and I do not have an appropriate key (code U)to remove it. the old key split under pressure and the nut edges have become rounded. my main dealer has estimated roughly one hours work at £110.per hour labour. can you think of a less costly alternative ?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you ...

With the situation where the security nut itself has become damaged, then its no good buying a new tool to suit - as you will risk damage to that ..

The way forward , other than using the dealer as you mention - is to use a smaller type garage - that will weld a wheel nut ( any unused/ old wheel nut ) is welded to the damaged nut. They then can use a normal wheel brace or tool to undo the whole nut assembly - and take it out.

You then ( or they ) fit a new wheel stud and thats the job done.

This takes no more than half an hour or so with a mig welder ( which will not damage anything ).. and at a small type garage - depending on your local garages' hourly charges, should not really cost more than 20-30 £ or so.

Let me know if you need anything else..

>>......Meantime ......Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me for my time etc - as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.