Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have recently purchased a Jaguar XJ 4.2 V8

Customer Question

I have recently purchased a Jaguar XJ 4.2 V8, I have owned many jaguars in the past and this is the first one that I have found with the stearing to be so sensitive, the slightest touch on the wheel and the car seem to react too quickly, all the Jaguars that I have owned in the past seem to have been glued to the road , this one being the exception the wheels are low profile and in good order, tracking alignment etc.also seems good, I would welcome your comments

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

The first thing I'd do is take the car to a place that does 4 wheel suspension alignment, most places use the back wheels as a datum and assume that they are perfectly straight and true. Often this is not the case and many modern cars are now adjustable at the rear as well as the front.

A 4 wheel alignment measures all four wheels independently and each is set -up without referring to each other.

also check that the tyre pressures are up to the maximum stated on the sticker on the door jamb